Posted by : Karen Monday, January 02, 2012

Today is the day I officially launch

Wonder
Workshops!

The idea of running Wonder Workshops has been brewing in my heart and mind for a few months now. To help you understand how and why it has been birthed, let me explain. Firstly, I have recognized in recent months that God has given me a gift in teaching (in a former life before my own children I was a teacher), and that teaching is my passion. I have not been using this gift as widely as I feel I should and secondly, King Arthur loves people, and loves sharing his learning with others. By creating Wonder Workshops, I kill two birds with one stone. I have chosen to live this year deliberately and with purpose, and thus I am boldly stepping out into this new venture. 

Wonder Workshops will be run from my home every Tuesday from 0930 to 12 noon, and are open to anyone in Grades 1 to 3. Each week, I am hoping to inspire

  wonder 

in the children - wonder in God, wonder at the world around them, and wonder at themselves
(they are after all, fearfully and wonderfully made!) as they complete various tasksEach week will be varied, and each session will have a theme. Sessions will incorporate anything that might inspire wonder - for example art, craft, story telling, drama, poetry, science experiments etc.

I am limiting the size of this group to a maximum of 8 children, and am running the workshops at a cost of  20R per student per session, or 120R for the term. You can send your child to a single session, every alternate session or the whole term. ( Please note: I am seeking only to cover the cost of materials) Children will be required to bring their own juice/water and a snack.

I've chosen to start these workshops this first term running every fortnight. Dates for the first term are as follows:
Tuesdays 17 & 31 Jan
Monday 13 (excuse the anomaly this term, a previous engagement on the 14th!) and Tuesday 28 Feb
Tuesday 6 & 20 March.

Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis, and  payment can be made on arrival. I ask that you would honor your commitment once you have decided which sessions your child will attend, as there will be substantial preparation on my part. Thank you!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at karen [at] sunrise[dot] co [dot] za.

I hope I'll have the pleasure of meeting you and your children!

- Copyright © Karen's Clan - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -