Posted by : Karen Sunday, October 07, 2012

My little boy is turning 6 this week...6! that feels awfully big to me! His heart's desire for this party has changed numerous times over the last month, but thankfully we locked off what he wanted before I left for Zimbabwe, and I returned with a few days to whip up something: a "Hero Factory" party was the request, and Brent and I had to watch the DVD just to bring ourselves up to speed and put our thinking caps on!

Braveheart was amazing  stepping in and lending a hand wherever he could, and the day dawned rain free...

We set about making the party decorations - here's my attempt at a quick tutorial for crepe paper streamers. I used to make these as a kid for Christmas, and after making them for Belle's party I was addicted! Aragorn and I chose traditional Lego colours, with green thrown in for the Heroes and Villains!


And this is what they look like when hung up...(just do note, the wind does untangle them very speedily, so only put them up outside just before your party starts!)...


The boys made some Lego containers for sweets...


and then we were ready for the Rookies!


Braveheart helped me mark the Heroes' base...


My boys have succumbed to the craze of collecting cards - mostly Star Wars ones, so this year, we chose to print Hero and Villain cards and create games for the kids to collect these cards...we knew our boys would have hours of fun trying to trade and swap these cards with their friends.


They each had to find a hero card to begin the game, then catch Braveheart to receive a villain card...and so on and so on! Each game was a little different, and the "Rookies" loved collecting their cards! 


In this game we had a  relay where two teams had to rebuild their Heroes before Braveheart's time was up - I was so impressed with how the teams pulled together and got the job done!


And the successful Rookies were then told that they had managed to save Planet "6" and that a special Hero was coming to say thank you....and I just love Aragorn's delight as he saw his Planet 6 cake!




Thanks to windy Cape Town, we moved the cake in doors for candle time...


and the happy birthday boy licked off the Nutella icing from his new Hero's feet!


Happy Birthday Sweet Special Boy!

be sure to check out King Arthur's Hero Factory Party here

- Copyright © Karen's Clan - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -