Posted by : Karen Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Belle and Aragorn on a ridge near Nordhoek peak



Authenticity

[aw-then-tis-i-tee, aw-thuhn-] 
–noun
the quality of being authentic genuineness.


[aw-then-tik]
–adjective
not false or copied; genuine; real


I can''t really explain why this word, this noun and its partnering adjective are so incredibly sweet to my tongue this week. Or why I'm rolling it around in my mouth, pausing and smiling often throughout the day, as if I'm in on some hidden secret. It is just a lovely, lovely word!

I can't explain how often I feel my spirit rise and clap for joy as He shows me something authentic or someone that is being authentic.

What I do know, is that this is my Father's heart for me. For my family and my marriage.

For you. For our marriages and our children. Something so sweet and real and genuine that we stand out in marked contrast to the world around us.

Even for this here blog. I want it to smack of being real. Smack of being genuine. There is something so life giving when someone, something is AUTHENTIC.

And I leave you with this, a lovely link to Kristen's blog, We Are That Family: this blog has been known to draw me to tears often with how unashamedly she has chosen to trust and to share her heart....if you have the time, go on over to her series He said She said....

Food for thought huh?

- Copyright © Karen's Clan - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -