Posted by : Karen Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I've been quite amazed at the overwhelming response I've had by people in response to my previous post - you know the one, where I laid it all out there. Yip, I'm brave. Perhaps a little bit crazy. But I'm glad I followed my heart and put it out there, because I have been so encouraged, knowing that I am not alone. And knowing that now you know that YOU are not alone. Yip, fellow moms, we're in this together. That is what community looks like.

Somehow in today' s culture we've been lulled into believing everyone else is doing just fine, and that it's just us who are failing and not keeping up and wanting to scream, or cry, or laugh hysterically. Just yesterday I ended up singing opera at my children in sheer frustration - please note I cannot sing. Not even a note. And it was wonderful, because out of that sheer frustration came pure and sweet laughter. I might just sing opera quite a lot more!

There's one thing I keep coming back to time and time again. It's that the only constant in life is change...and so the fact that we are changing things often or seeking to do things differently is okay...in fact, it's actually preparing our kids for this dynamic world. This journey of mine is going to need lot of tweaking...constantly.



Actually, on pondering this before I hit publish, I don't think that's entirely true. Love...and Change. Both constant. 

- Copyright © Karen's Clan - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -