Posted by : Karen Sunday, March 11, 2012



It's been a full weekend with family reunions and Argus riding for everyone...it seems, except me! It's been quite odd this year not riding, and being a spectator makes me impatient for the day when I can ride again...agh well!

So Saturday dawned, sunny and windy, for the Junior and Trike Tour...



Pops and Nana made it to the Junior Argus which was an unexpected treat...

a tearful reunion for Nana....

and a happy grandson to see Pops!


Aragorn rode like the champion he is, and I loved how this stern determined face changed into one with the biggest grin ever once he had his medal in hand!



Belle didn't really enjoy her race as she wanted to run instead of ride!!!! But she made it - and enjoyed the drink break half way so much that I had to carry a cup of vile red fizzy drink half way round the course for her!


King Arthur handled his 10km race in style - the longest distance he's ever covered, and all on his own!


And then the real race dawned....how I love that sound as the peloton swishes past...


me wishing I could one day ride THAT fast


The boys played with dinosaurs, Belle played giraffes and....
 mom watched and watched, and dad snapped and snapped!


 I think I must be getting more and more emotional as I get older. I got teary eyed at the start and end of each of  my children's races, and I burst into tears when I saw Pops go past today - perhaps it's his health over the last few years...or just tears of empathy in the heat? Proud of him for getting his time...next year together hey Pops?!

love that you can track riders now by sending the race number to 31189!
 Then we tried to cool off....




Oh for a pool!

 C'mon feet - next year!





- Copyright © Karen's Clan - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -