Posted by : Karen Tuesday, November 15, 2011

This year my heart is to make Christmas gifts and decorations...and I just had to share this lovely Christmas craft I was inspired by Pinterest to do (yes, I too have succumbed!). It's easy and will make wonderful decorations, and even as embellishments on presents (I'm going to tie them on to our cookie jar gifts etc).

All you'll need is felt (I made quilted Christmas stockings last year so I had some left over), embroidery thread, glue, buttons, sequins etc, and something to stuff them with (again we used left over pillow stuffing, but I think cotton wool would work just as well).

I used cookie cutters to make the shapes I wanted....


Then we designed them...


Aragorn has designed some wonderful ones, and the variations are endless.



Then we sew and stuff them...



 We've loved the family time it gives us, and I have loved being creative with my hands - it's been a while!



 And sweet Belle spent a lot of time picking up sequins! She couldn't stop looking at them, which caused them to fall on the floor...great fine motor skills I'm thinking!


The first batch of completed decorations!
 Enjoy!

2 Responses so far.

  1. Jenni C's says:

    well done, you have not only watched or viewed something on you made it....i have so many pins...yet to make something...;)

  2. Trixi says:

    I have nominated your blog for the Versatile Blogger Award (http://homeschoolblogger.com/trixishomeschoolacademy/2011/11/18/the-versatile-blogger-award/)Thank you for sharing your experiences.
    Blessings
    Trys

- Copyright © Karen's Clan - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -