Posted by : Karen Sunday, August 14, 2011

Today, in spite of still fighting to overcome a bout of flu, I needed to be outdoors. A chilly wind could not deter me from the gorgeous sun, and so off we set, further afield than usual, to the Alphen trail in Constantia.

It has got to be one of my all time favorite places - space, green meadows, peace and quiet - even though there are an endless myriad of dogs all over the place!

this is the delightful mud pool where Belle fell in just after taking this photo
and I had no spare clothes with me, except  for a jacket :( !

a wonderful wall to climb along

miles of it!

the view from our picnic spot

Belle and Braveheart - this sight can stop my heart

the boys captured this run away balloon...

beautiful trees


look at the height of these trees! You can see King Arthur walking
with his head thrown back trying to see their tops!

Belle trying too!


And after this gorgeous time we pulled into Ferndale Nurseries, on Brommesvlei Road. This is one of my favourtire nurseries as it is so kid friendly!

A maze for dads to chase children in, or play hide and seek:


A playground full of a wonderful variety of things:


And endless rows of colorful seedlings!


Here's hoping your weekend was filled with color too!

- Copyright © Karen's Clan - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -