Posted by : Karen Sunday, August 21, 2011

A winter's day... at last. I was beginning to wonder if we'd ever see rain again! Must say, this is the warmest winter I can remember in the almost 6 and half years we've been in Cape Town.


So the fire was lit, 
and stories were read,
and beads were threaded,
and elaborate army scenes were created, 
and I needed something simple and quick for dinner....

Drum roll...
the perfect pancake recipe!

I love this recipe because it is milk free, so no need to worry about whether you'll have enough milk left for the morning!



Mix 3 cups flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 4 tsp of sugar (I leave out the sugar as I find it makes the pancakes stick to my non-stick pan!). In another bowl, mix 1 egg, 1 TBSP vinegar, 1 TBSP oil and 4 cups of water. Then add the liquid ingredients to the dry ones, mix well, and flip away! (ps, it really pays to sieve the flour - I never do and always regret it!)

Here's hoping you're warm and snug wherever you are.

- Copyright © Karen's Clan - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -