Posted by : Karen Friday, December 30, 2011



The Clan's Christmas was somewhat unexpected this year.


After an exciting lead up with our Jesse trees, crafts, advent calendars and the like (which made Christmas wonderfully meaningful this year) and a fun filled start to Braveheart's leave (and thus our holiday as a family), our Christmas was side stepped.

After spending two and a half days building this incredible hutch for some Christmas rabbits...



....Braveheart suffered through some awful fevers late Christmas Eve, which then birthed a case of severe tonsillitis a day later. Sadly, Braveheart spent Christmas Day in bed, and most of the last week - all this for a man that does not usually get ill! And this is the second year running :(



We feel robbed of this family time that is so precious to us. It's meant an adjustment for the kids, who were counting down the days till their dad went on leave. It's not lost on me how blessed we are as a family that Braveheart esteems family time - how wonderful for my children that they have a father who is so hands on and available that the best part of their holiday is spending time with him!

Needless to say I had to adjust my expectations quite radically as well, and have tried to make the most of my time as well. I banned myself from the computer for a few days and turned the house upside down (amazing how much time I gained!). I have sorted cupboards (almost every one!), gone through art/craft/drawing cupboards, rearranged the study, ordered 2012's school year, gone through packets of hand-me-down's for the kids, and now we are more than ready to welcome in the New Year!

And over the last few days I have had a lot of time to think in the evenings, once the kids are down as Braveheart has been resting, and I am tangibly excited about this year, about what it holds, about the big bold steps I will be taking as I cast off the fear that so easily entangles and move into what He has called me to! You'll have to come back to find out what that is in a few days!

I do hope that your Christmas was a wonderful time as a family and that this holiday time finds you refreshed and renewed!

Cousins having fun at Granny's house...

One Response so far.

  1. So sorry Christmas day wasn't what you had dreamed it to be!! Big hugs and have a wonderful new year!!!

- Copyright © Karen's Clan - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -